Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Sticky Glasses

I was talking to my family about getting contacts.
I’m not really sure about what to do.

My twin brother said, “You look better with glasses.”
My dad said, “Oh! You’re getting contacts!”
My mama said, “Try contacts because once you wear your glasses for a long period of time, you start to get that glasses face.”

My other brother then decided to chime in..and just so you know, I have three wonderful brothers..
Anyway, He said that his friend has been wearing glasses for about 5 years now, and that when they do come off you can see a crease in his friends hair line.

I know I would never want that, but my problem is that I’m scared I may have that look?!

Personally, I can’t see myself walking down the aisle in glasses.  I know that’s weird to think about considering the fact that I am 18, but HEY, what the heck.
Also..Now don’t judge me on this..but when I was dating my ex-boyfriend, he wore glasses all the time.  One night he took them off, and all of the sudden my eye twitched.  To tell you the truth I was not attracted to him without his glasses.  I know being attractive to someone over their glasses is ridiculous, but it’s just weird to know how such a small, and sometimes necessary accessory can change the way people look at you..and the way you look at yourself.  Unfortunately, it’s the truth.

For awhile I thought that I looked better with glasses too.  I mean why wouldn’t I, right?!  When I looked in the mirror I saw me with glasses, and when the glasses were off I could not really see myself.

I learned it’s all about confidence.
Who’s to say glasses are nerdy, or ugly?!.
They’re sophisticated looking and cute.

I’m starting to become confident with out my glasses, i just yet to get my contacts.  I’ll bump into walls for a couple of days to prove my point though.

I was researching and found this on the internet.
I don’t know who these people are, but it’s interesting to know what others think sometimes.


http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090514134306AAmIPN4

No comments:

Post a Comment